Tresiba U100 Flextouch Prefilled Pens 5 x 3ml
TRESIBA is a long-acting man-made insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with diabetes mellitus.
TRESIBA can also be used in children who are 2 years of age and older with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
How does TRESIBA® work?
TRESIBA® is known as an ultra-long-acting insulin analogue. TRESIBA® is similar to the insulin made by your body and helps your body to reduce your blood sugar level. It is used once a day.
What are the ingredients in TRESIBA®?
Medicinal ingredients: Insulin degludec
Non-medicinal ingredients: Glycerol, phenol, metacresol, zinc acetate and water for injection.
TRESIBA® comes in the following dosage forms:
TRESIBA® FlexTouch® 3 mL prefilled pen (100 units/mL)
TRESIBA® FlexTouch® 3 mL prefilled pen (200 units/mL)
TRESIBA® FlexTouch® prefilled insulin pens are for use with either NovoFine® or NovoTwist®needles.
Do not use TRESIBA® if:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to insulin degludec or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- If you think that your blood sugar is getting too low (this is called “hypoglycemia”
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) is the most common side effect of insulin, including TRESIBA®
- Too low or too high blood sugar can result in the loss of consciousness, coma or death, if untreated
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not change your insulin unless instructed by your doctor.
- Do not inject TRESIBA® directly into a vein.
- Do not use TRESIBA® in insulin infusion pumps.
- Do not use TRESIBA® if it does not appear clear and colourless.
- Do not mix TRESIBA®with any other insulin
Any orders billed directly to insurance via the Diabetes Express Pharmacy are subject to standard dispensing fees.
Please be advised that all insulin purchases are subject to review by our pharmacist before shipping. You may receive a call if there are any questions or concerns about your order. By placing an order for insulin, you are declaring that you have consulted a health care professional regarding the safe use of insulin for diabetes treatment. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-866-418-3392.